When you light your candle for the very first time, allow the entire surface of wax to melt for about 2-3 hours. If you notice that the flame keeps going out, try trimming the wick a little more.
We recommend keeping your burn sessions limited to 3-4 hours for our 12 OZ and 8 OZ candles. As a general rule, never let your candle burn for longer than 4 hours at a time. Our 12 OZ candles have a burn time of 70-80+ hours. Our 8 OZ candles burn for 40-50+ hours.
We recommend trimming your wick to 1/4" between sessions for the perfect burn. You'll notice that this makes a significant difference for the longevity and clean burning of your candle. A longer wick often burns too hot, causing the candle to burn too quickly and create too much soot. On the other hand, a wick that has been cut too low is in danger of being drowned out. You can purchase a wick trimmer in our Candle Care Kit.
Don't panic! This is common and it's easy to revive your candle by using a paper towel to soak up a little bit of wax until you see the flame start to grow stronger. On the other hand, if your flame is burning too hot, simply extinguish and and allow your candle to cool before trimming the wick and lighting up again.
When you blow out your candle, you create unnecessary smoke that causes your candle to loose fragrance. Instead, try extinguishing your candle using the lid or a snuffer, which can be found in our Candle Care Kit.
Once there's less than 1/4" of wax left in your candle, you can remove the remaining wax and repurpose the vessel. Read more about our commitment to sustainability and how to repurpose your vessel here.
Do not extinguish your candle with water. Keep your candle away from drafts and be extremely careful when moving lit candles. Never leave your candle unattended while burning. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. We recommend storing your candle in cool environment, either room temperature or below to prevent your candle from softening, bending, or melting.